Fishtail braids have got to be one of my favourite looks. They are chic and sophisticated yet simple to accomplish. And they make the best cover-up for a bad hair day! Here are my steps for achieving the perfect fishtail braid.
1. Get rid of any knots in your hair either with a hair brush or manually with your fingers.
2. Separate your hair into two sides, left and right.
3. Take a small section of hair from the left side and cross it over into the right side.
4. Do the same with the right side: take a small section of hair from the right side and cross it over to the left hand side.
5. Continue with this pattern of crossing sections of hair from the left to the right and visa versa.
6. Secure with an elastic and voila!
1) Practice makes perfect. Don’t expect to be a professional on the first try. But after a few attempts its becomes natural.
2) The tighter you pull each section of hair when crossing over, the narrower the braid will be. For a fuller braid, lightly tug the braid at both sides from the nape of your neck all the way down to the elastic.
3) Rock out that braid like the badass you are!